Chaminade College Preparatory School, an independent, Catholic school is dedicated to developing the inherent spiritual, intellectual, emotional, and physical potential of young men in middle and high school. We hire dedicated teachers who are passionate about student learning and working in a collaborative environment.
All positions are expected to meet the general requirements listed below. Position specific requirements, if any, will be listed with those positions.
Interested candidates may submit a resume and cover letter to Karen Carroll, email@example.com. No phone calls please.
This is a full-time faculty position in the Science Department that reports to the department chair and high school principal.
Ideal candidates will:
- Have experience teaching a variety of science topics, including conceptual physics and basic chemistry;
- Be able to create age-appropriate, hands-on, inquiry-rich and project-based lessons that build excitement for science;
- Be able to create a student-centered educational experience including active learning and group engagement;
- Work collaboratively with other science teachers on curriculum and lessons;
- Support the mission of Chaminade inside and outside the classroom.
This senior-level position of Director of Advancement relates to, and interacts with, a wide range of contacts both within and outside the Chaminade community. The Director is responsible for creating an integrated development and alumni relations plan, leading the organization’s fundraising efforts and implementing a marketing plan in support of these initiatives.
The Director of Advancement is specifically responsible for:
- Creates the strategic vision for engaging constituents, educating them on the Chaminade mission, and turning them into a supporter of Chaminade College Preparatory School;
- Builds strong relationships through personal meetings, events and other activities for the purpose of increasing engagement;
- Provides day to day management while leading and inspiring the Advancement staff;
- Leads the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors and prospects;
- Responsible for moving donors into and through a pipeline of annual, major and planned gifts, while engaging the appropriate colleagues in the process;
- Collaborates with the Advancement staff on the development and implementation of fundraising strategies for the Chaminade Fund; the named scholarship program, fundraising events and planned giving efforts;
- Directs the creation of a communication strategy designed to keep internal and external audience informed of Chaminade’s activities and accomplishments;
- Cultivates in-kind donations as needed to support programming;
- Secures Chaminade Corporate Champions (C3) event-related sponsorships;
- Collaborates with team on post-event evaluation and adjusts accordingly;
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with school administration, faculty and staff and develops a broad understanding of school-level priorities;
- Participates in the planning and implementation of the school's budget, its strategic planning process and the advancement program;
- Prepares and oversees the budgets of the Advancement Office in collaboration with the staff.
- A minimum of 10-years’ experience with a record of fundraising success and increasing responsibilities in various areas of development and alumni relations;
- Ability to meet fundraising performance benchmarks;
- Ability to analyze opportunities then develop a strategy and lead the team to execute;
- Must be a self-starter, able to handle several projects at the same time and perform well with minimum supervision;
- Must demonstrate ability to think independently and exercise sound judgment;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to build relationships with donors;
- Experience maintaining good relationships with all departments and all levels of staff and management;
- Experienced at effectively handling confidential and highly sensitive information;
- Superior organizational skills;
- Detail oriented, logical, and possess strong critical thinking skills;
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, non-verbal, written) and active listening skills;
- Software proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required; knowledge and experience with Raiser’s Edge is strongly preferred;
- Preference given to a practicing Roman Catholic.
- Highly motivated
- Self-confident and secure
- Strategic thinker
- Proactive, with a sense of urgency
- Unquestioned integrity and personal values
- A team player
- Able to travel occasionally overnight
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications or applicable field required; master's degree preferred
- CFRE certification preferred
This is a full-time position in the Skip Viragh Center for the Arts that reports to Theatre Operations Manager and the principal.
- Ensures the mission of the Skip Viragh Center for the Performing Arts is realized;
- Manages, staffs, and coordinates all internal events and productions for Chaminade;
- Runs sound for internal events when needed;
- Production manages all 4 drama department shows per school year;
- Works with students and freelance labor to facilitate all drama department productions;
- Oversees all budgets that pertain to the technical aspects of the drama department productions;
- Works with the Operations Manager to staff all events and productions, both internal and external;
- Coordinates and manages staff during events, load-ins, and work calls;
- Acts as a liaison with clients who wish to use the center;
- Aids the Operations Manager in the maintenance and repair of all entertainment technical systems related to the building.
Skills and Traits:
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, QuickBooks, and Auto CAD or Vectorworks;
- Experience with ticketing software;
- Budget management and record keeping skills;
- Technical experience in, but not limited to; audio, lighting, video, rigging and scenic construction. Strong audio engineering skills are required;
- Ability to work with and manage students;
- Ability to work calmly in stressful situations and in a fast-paced environment.
Education and Work Experience:
- BA or BFA in technical production and/or related field;
All applicants should fulfill the following:
- Applicants for Middle School positions have experience teaching in the middle school environment.
- Applicant possesses both a BA and MA in content or related area.
- Applicant possesses Missouri State Certification.
- Applicant recognizes the importance of student faith development as a priority in a Catholic, Marianist school.
- Applicant is an innovative and qualified teaching professional.
- Applicant is a hardworking and enthusiastic teaching professional with excellent subject knowledge and a sound understanding of grade level curriculum.
- Applicant exhibits involvement in teaching students and assisting in the encouragement of extra-curricular activities.
- Applicant motivates with a keen interest in encouraging and inspiring students to love learning and excel in the subject area.
- Applicant demonstrates methods that support the physical, social, cognitive, and emotional development of students.
- Applicant creates appropriate instruction adaptation for learners of different abilities.
- Applicant understands individual group behaviors and motivations as to create a safe learning environment.
- Applicant creates learning environments that encourage positive social interaction and self-motivation.
- Applicant designs and delivers appropriate and regular student assessments.
- Applicant has a lived understanding of sustainability.
- Ideal applicant is a practicing Catholic.