Chaminade College Preparatory School, an independent, Catholic school is dedicated to developing the inherent spiritual, intellectual, emotional, and physical potential of young men in middle and high school. We hire dedicated teachers who are passionate about student learning and working in a collaborative environment.
All positions are expected to meet the general requirements listed below. Position specific requirements, if any, will be listed with those positions.
Interested candidates may submit a resume and cover letter to Karen Carroll, firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
This position works closely with the Director of Enrollment Management to ensure sustained enrollment of Chaminade while maintaining a quality and diverse student body. It is expected that this person has a deep sense of the school’s mission and culture.
- Accurately share the school’s mission, values, educational philosophy, curriculum offerings, extracurricular activities and vision with prospective families;
- Manage shadow visit program for prospective students;
- Coordinate and conduct tours for prospective families;
- Manage students who serve as student ambassadors as well as conduct training sessions for ambassadors throughout the school year;
- Manage database system that tracks students from prospects to enrollment;
- Travel occasionally to promote the school at feeder schools, high school nights, professional conferences and fairs. Willingness to travelling internationally;
- Continually develop relationships with administrators at feeder schools and constituents;
- Work with Marketing Director to create electronic and print materials that will help share the mission of the school to prospective families;
- Collaborate with the Business Office to communicate and assist families through the financial aid process;
- Assist with Director of Enrollment in planning on campus events such as Open House, Parent Coffees and other recruitment events;
- Assist Director of Enrollment with creating Admission report for all candidates. Keeping records of all transcripts, teacher recommendations, test scores for applicants;
- Assist Director of Enrollment with retention activities including meeting with current students and parents.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Four years working in Admissions either college, university or an independent or religious school preferred;
- Knowledge of admission practices and procedures;
- Ability to be a spokesperson for the school through excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Understand nuances of financial aid process and can demonstrate confidentiality with information;
- Strong work ethic with ability to work outside of normal business hours including evenings and some weekends;
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills;
- Knowledge of working in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and familiarity with school database systems;
- Ability to collaborate with faculty, staff and constituents in a hands-on approach;
- Experience with planning and organizing events.
- Applicants for Middle School positions have experience teaching in the middle school environment.
- Applicant possesses both a BA and MA in content or related area.
- Applicant possesses Missouri State Certification.
- Applicant recognizes the importance of student faith development as a priority in a Catholic, Marianist school.
- Applicant is an innovative and qualified teaching professional.
- Applicant is a hardworking and enthusiastic teaching professional with excellent subject knowledge and a sound understanding of grade level curriculum.
- Applicant exhibits involvement in teaching students and assisting in the encouragement of extra-curricular activities.
- Applicant motivates with a keen interest in encouraging and inspiring students to love learning and excel in the subject area.
- Applicant demonstrates methods that support the physical, social, cognitive, and emotional development of students.
- Applicant creates appropriate instruction adaptation for learners of different abilities.
- Applicant understands individual group behaviors and motivations as to create a safe learning environment.
- Applicant creates learning environments that encourage positive social interaction and self-motivation.
- Applicant designs and delivers appropriate and regular student assessments.
- Ideal applicant is a practicing Catholic.