Chaminade College Preparatory School, an independent, Catholic school is dedicated to developing the inherent spiritual, intellectual, emotional, and physical potential of young men in middle and high school. We hire dedicated teachers who are passionate about student learning and working in a collaborative environment.
All positions are expected to meet the general requirements listed below. Position specific requirements, if any, will be listed with those positions.
All employees are required to take the Protecting God's Children workshop as presented by the St. Louis Archdiocese.
Interested candidates may submit a resume and cover letter to Karen Carroll, email@example.com. No phone calls please.
This is a temporary, per-diem faculty position in the Science Department that reports to the department chair and high school principal.
Ideal candidates will:
- Have a Masters in Science, Physics, or related field;
- Implement the curriculum and lesson plans left by the teacher that will foster knowledge and skills essential to effectively teach students in the grade assigned;
- Create hands-on, inquiry-based, project-based lessons that build excitement for science;
- Demonstrate scientific concepts using models, technology, and other standard or teacher-prepared instructional aids;
- Actively participate in student and faculty activities (retreats, lunch duty, faculty meetings, and in-service activities).
These are per-diem faculty positions that report to the high school principal.
Substitute teachers will:
- Assume duties of the regular classroom teacher promptly and in accordance with school rules;
- May supervise students in out-of-class settings (e.g., assemblies, lunchroom) as directed and supervised by the principal;
- Implement existing lesson plans in a manner that ensures the integrity of academic time, and motivates students to learn and participate;
- Instruct students regarding a variety of classroom topics/courses of instruction, as determined by the lesson plan;
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students. Address the various learning styles of students accordingly;
- Assign reasonable tasks and homework to students in accordance with the lesson plans;
- Maintain classroom control that fosters a safe, positive environment for all students and staff;
- Ensure adequate supervision of students and classroom environment to assure health, welfare, and safety of students.
- Applicants for Middle School positions have experience teaching in the middle school environment.
- Applicant possesses both a BA and MA in content or related area.
- Applicant possesses Missouri State Certification.
- Applicant recognizes the importance of student faith development as a priority in a Catholic, Marianist school.
- Applicant is an innovative and qualified teaching professional.
- Applicant is a hardworking and enthusiastic teaching professional with excellent subject knowledge and a sound understanding of grade level curriculum.
- Applicant exhibits involvement in teaching students and assisting in the encouragement of extra-curricular activities.
- Applicant motivates with a keen interest in encouraging and inspiring students to love learning and excel in the subject area.
- Applicant demonstrates methods that support the physical, social, cognitive, and emotional development of students.
- Applicant creates appropriate instruction adaptation for learners of different abilities.
- Applicant understands individual group behaviors and motivations as to create a safe learning environment.
- Applicant creates learning environments that encourage positive social interaction and self-motivation.
- Applicant designs and delivers appropriate and regular student assessments.
- Ideal applicant is a practicing Catholic.