- SYMPTOMS & TESTING PROTOCOLS
- BEFORE COMING TO CAMPUS
- DRESS CODE ADDITION
- MOVEMENT IN THE BUILDING
- DISMISSAL/AFTER SCHOOL
- ONLINE LEARNING OPTION
- WHAT'S THE BUZZ - Tips from Chaminade
- All students are required to complete a health screening prior to arriving on campus each day.
- The screening will be available via the Chaminade website and the NEW Chaminade app (more info to come).
- It is critical that a student or staff member that answers yes to any question on the screening stay home and follow the return to school protocol.
- Only students and staff are allowed on campus during the school day.
- They can be removed during lunch for the purpose of eating and at select times and locations where it is safe to do so and only with the permission of a teacher or administrator.
- Masks should not represent or promote things or messages in violation of Chaminade’s mission and should not be a distraction to the learning environment.
Students who do not have a mask will be required to purchase one or to return home.Masks should be in compliance with CDC recommendations.
Masks with exhalation valves are not permitted.
Students are assigned specific arrival times to alleviate congestion and ensure safe social distancing.
- Student last name A-L 7:35 AM - 7:55 AM
- Student last name M-Z 7:55 AM - 8:15 AM
Students are assigned specific entrances for morning entry to the buildings.
CLICK HERE for a visual guide to the entrances and drop off points by grade level.
Floor markings will be outside of each entrance to ensure proper social distancing should a line form.
Students will show their screening result as they enter the building.
- Students are to move between classes while wearing a face covering, in a socially distant manner and following the one-way direction indicated in the halls and stairwells.
- For example, the North stairwell of Chaminade Hall will be up only and the South stairwell of Chaminade Hall will be down only.
- Movement in each hall way is counterclockwise (or to the right) out of each classroom around the floor.
- Students may choose to bring their lunch from home, or purchase a prepackaged meal from the cafeteria.
- Students that choose to purchase from the cafeteria will be dismissed in an orderly fashion and will follow the directions of supervising adults.
- Students will be issued a unique barcode to allow for contactless payment in Cafe Moe.
- CLICK HERE to view the menu in Cafe Moe.
- Students will choose a line based on their preference and will wear their mask and social distance in that line until they are allowed to enter the serving area to receive their lunch and drink.
- Students will not be allowed to reenter the cafeteria, and will not be allowed to purchase more than 1 option or additional drinks.
- No snack purchase will be available during the day on campus, so students should bring a snack from home.
- The area around the student will be clean, and all trash will be placed in trash cans.
- Recyclable materials will be placed in recycling bins.
- Students will be required to wear face coverings and remain socially distant until they are in their vehicle.
- Students that are not picked up immediately after school, and don’t have a scheduled extracurricular activity are required to report to a supervised classroom and/or space on campus until their ride is here to pick them up.
After school activities will take place in accordance with the safety protocol and procedures.
Extracurricular activities and clubs will take place only under the supervision of faculty and/or staff.
Students cannot congregate in hallways, atrium, cafeteria, or other open spaces on campus.
- Chaminade is offering
families the option to choose fully virtual, at-home learning.
- The purpose of offering this is to ensure that students are fully comfortable in their learning environment.
- Additionally, we are requiring any student to stay home with the any symptom of illness with the expectation that they will participate in classes while at home, unless they are unable due to the severity of the illness.
- The contact tracing process could require students to stay home for a 2-week period if considered a contact by St. Louis County, or if there is a known exposure to a positive case.
- For these reasons, Chaminade faculty have been developing a structure that will allow for students to learn both at school, and at home at the same pace.
- Families that would like to adjust their option of learning should contact:
- High School Office, (314) 993- 4400 ext. 3 (email@example.com)
- Middle School Office, (314) 933-4400 ext. 4 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Students that are required to stay home due to quarantine or illness should contact their respective office as the need arises. Additionally, these families will work with school nurse, Sue Rozier, to determine the appropriate time to return to campus.
- It is the student’s obligation to communicate with their teachers and their counselor regularly about online learning.
- It is recommended that students participating in online learning continue following the school schedule throughout their day, as they are able.
- Assignments and deadlines are expected to be met by online students. The only exception to this is if an illness prevents them from doing so. In this case, families should contact their respective offices to inform the teachers so that appropriate extensions can be given.
- More specific information will be given to the students by the teachers during the first weeks of school. This will include how and where to find the information and resources needed for successful learning in a virtual setting.
What do I need to know before coming to campus?
- Students and staff will complete an online health screening each morning before coming to campus.
- It is imperative that anyone exhibiting even ONE symptom on the list or feels ill, that they stay home.
- Due to the screening process, entry to the building will be more structured.
- Students will be assigned entry times and specific entry points to the buildings. Schedules for this are forthcoming.
What measures will be put into place to ensure the safety of all?
- Chaminade is following the guidelines set forth by the CDC and the St. Louis County Department of Health.
- Students and staff will be required to wear masks. Students are required to bring their own mask to school.
- Only students and staff will be allowed in buildings on campus during the school day.
- To prevent students from gathering in close proximity to one another, lockers will not be available for use.
- Social distancing will be enforced at all times and student movement throughout the building will be more intentional and controlled.
- A strong emphasis will be placed on hand hygiene throughout the day for both students and staff.
- Campus building high touch surfaces and objects (such as tables, doorknobs, light switches, desks) will be cleaned and disinfected regularly.
Will Chaminade provide COVID-19 testing?
- Chaminade will not provide COVID-19 testing. We would recommend contacting your physician should you need to be tested.
- Chaminade will arrange for testing of resident students only upon their arrival to campus and as needed.
What do I need to do if my son is ill?
- It is critical that anyone exhibiting signs of illness stay home.
- Please notify Sue Rozier, RN if your son or someone in your immediate family tests positive for COVID-19.
- Chaminade is developing a policy that will help to determine the re-entry to campus for students who are ill. Chaminade families will be required to follow this policy.
- In the event of an absence, please contact the attendance line Chaminade:
- High School Office, (314) 993- 4400 ext. 1113 (email@example.com)
- Middle School Office, (314) 933-4400 ext. 1187 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Will resident students live on campus?
- Chaminade is pleased to announce that we will be hosting resident students this year.
- All resident students will be tested for COVID-19 upon arrival to campus. Anyone with a positive result will be isolated and receive medical treatment in a private setting.
- The dorm will be cleaned and sanitized daily and hand sanitizer will be available throughout the facility.
- Resident students will be grouped into "cohorts" to minimize exposure to larger groups and to provide for contact tracing should it be necessary.
Will students be able to dine on campus?
- Day students will have the option of bringing their lunch or purchasing lunch from Pedestal Foods.
- Breakfast will not be available for day students.
- Resident students will have a meal plan that includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Students will eat lunch in a classroom setting to minimize their exposure to larger groups.
How will the classrooms be organized?
- Classrooms will be designed so that students are as socially distanced as possible.
- Students and staff will be required to wear masks.
- Students will have assigned seats in each class so that contract tracing is possible should the need arise.
- Processes and procedures will be in place to ensure proper hand hygiene and to limit exposure.
How will social distancing be enforced?
- Teachers have been trained on social distancing requirements and will reinforce the policies regularly with students.
- Monitoring of hallways/student movement will involve extra supervision.
- Signage and floor markings will be in place throughout campus to serve as a reminder to students.
Which facilities will be open to students?
- The full Chaminade campus will be open.
- Extra supervision and scheduling will be implemented, as needed, to ensure social distancing requirements are met.
What cleaning protocols will be in place?
- All spaces will be cleaned and sanitized daily.
- Air filtration systems will be operating throughout the day.
- Hand sanitation will be available throughout campus.
Will visitors be allowed on campus?
- At this time, only students and staff will be allowed in the buildings during school hours.
- A dedicated space will be available in the front lobby for parents to drop off items for students.
How will the daily schedule work?
- We will maintain a rotating, alternating, block schedule.
- To allow for extra time for entry as well as in between classes, we are moving from 9 blocks to 8.
- As a result, we are eliminating Esto Vir period and Academic Lab. (Academic Lab will still be an option for Juniors and Seniors.)
When can my son get extra help from his teachers?
- Teachers will be available by appointment before and after school.
- Academic support for students will be available through the Academic Resource Center and in coordination with teachers, counselors, and learning consultants.
- As always, teachers will be available via email to answer questions/provide clarity.
Is online learning an option?
- Families that prefer a full-time online learning environment may choose that option. Families must contact the appropriate school office to inform Chaminade you would like to take advantage of this option.
- Teachers will provide comparative and equitable learning opportunities for students learning at school or from home.
- Students feeling ill or who are symptomatic and stay home will have opportunities to learn synchronously with students at school.
What is happening with the Fall sports season?
- Chaminade is adhering to the policies and requirements of the St. Louis County Department of Health and local health officials.
- Chaminade will follow the schedule as outlined by the Missouri State High School Activities Association (MSHSAA).
- Currently, practices/tryouts for high school fall sports are scheduled to begin on August 10, 2020.
- Middle School sports will begin the second week of school.
- Note that all of this is subject to change as restrictions are introduced/modified.
How will clubs be impacted?
- We are hopeful to offer the typical robust Chaminade extracurricular offerings.
- We are evaluating the roster of clubs/activities that will be offered in following the restrictions/modifications that are necessary.
- Meeting times/procedures will be forthcoming.
Will there be a drama season?
- Chaminade plans to hold our drama season as scheduled.
- Plans are being developed to ensure the safety of all using online technology and tools to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
How will the retreat program be impacted?
- We are pleased to announce that we will be holding retreats in 2020-21.
- Many will take place on campus as mass transportation in busses is not recommended.
- Overnight retreats will take place in a socially distanced manner off campus. Students not comfortable attending an overnight retreat will be exempt.
Will there be changes to the requirements for student service hours?
- Service hour requirements will be adjusted for 2020-21.
- Hour requirements will not be the main priority, but rather creating meaningful service experiences will be.
- New service policies will be published in August.
What will Chaminade do to provide liturgy and prayer opportunities?
- We will continue to offer many Masses and other prayer experiences, but, because of social distancing, they will look very different. We will find wonderful, creative ways to pray!
Will the House system be in place?
- The House System will continue to be an important part of what we do at Chaminade.
- We will have daily mentor group.
- House activities will be modified to ensure the safety of all.