Advanced College Credit Program
Chaminade offers more college credit courses than most schools in the St. Louis area. Currently, over 200 hours of college credit are available to sophomores, juniors and seniors. Earning college credit at Chaminade is a reality for many of our students and with proper planning and a willing desire, it is possible for a Chaminade student to enter college as a sophomore. There are two types of college credit courses available at Chaminade.
Advanced Placement (AP) Courses: These courses are the equivalent of regular college courses. Students in these courses take the Advanced Placement exam in May of each year. Most universities award three credits for a score of 3 on an AP exam. Many universities grant six credits or more for a score of 4 or 5 on the AP exam. In the past five years, over 75% of our students received a 3 or higher on their exams.
Advanced College Credit (ACC) Courses: These classes are taught in affiliation with universities in the St. Louis area. Chaminade faculty serve as adjunct professors who are highly trained and accountable to maintain university standards. A student who earns an A, B or C in an ACC class is awarded the grade through the university. This credit is transferable to various universities. Chaminade students registering for ACC courses are afforded full access to university libraries at the time of their studies. Students may register for both fall and spring semester courses. Students are required to have an 80% cumulative average (3.0 GPA) to register for ACC courses.
About 75% of Chaminade graduates have been awarded college credit. Enrolling in AP and/or ACC courses has allowed many of our recent graduates to enter college with a semester or a year of credit already completed. This often allows a student to earn his Bachelor's Degree in less than four years.
Online student registration for Advanced College Credit occurs in September and January of each academic year. There are many courses a student can take for credit. Students are encouraged to map their course selections with their House Counselor. Chaminade students are advised to check with their College Counselor regarding the transferability of credit.
- SLU Advanced College Credit
- UMSL Advanced College Credit
- Missouri Baptist University Advanced College Credit
2nd Semester SLU 1818 Advanced College Credit Online Student Registration Thursday, August 1 through Monday, September 30, 2019.
- CLICK HERE for a list of 1st semester SLU 1818 ACC courses along with policies and procedures governing advanced college credit courses.
- There are 23 Chaminade/SLU 1818 ACC courses offered in teh 1st semester.
- Advanced college credit questions can be addressed by your son's Chaminade Faculty who are authorized St. Louis University Adjunct Instructors.
- Questions regarding the transferability of advanced college credits to other colleges and universities can be addressed by Chaminade's college counselors.
- Tuition is $65 per credit hour. No monies are collected.
- Tuition bills are addressed to the student and mailed to the student each month.
- Students may earn a total of 18 hours of credit per semester through SLU 1818 ACC Program.
- Thursday, October 31, 2019: Deadline for Dropping Course Registration
- Sunday, December 1, 2019: Tuition is due in full.
- Monday, December 2, 2019: Student Dropped for Non-Payment
- Questions? Please contact the SLU 1818 ACC Office at 314-977-1818 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1st Semester UMSL Advanced College Credit Online Student Registration Monday, August 12 through Sunday, September 8, 2019.
- UMSL ACC Student Registration Brochures are forthcoming. Please see Mr. Chrismer or Dr. Kralemann.
- CLICK HERE for a list of 1st Semester UMSL ACC courses along with policies and procedures governing advanced college credit courses.
- There are 30 Chaminade/UMSL ACC courses offered in the 1st semester.
- Tuition is $68.00 per credit hour. No monies are collected. The UMSL ACC office will mail invoices to parents/guardians.
- Students register on-line at www.umsl.edu/acp.
- Additional registration brochures are available in the Counseling Center and Dr. Kralemann's office.
- Parents and students wishing to learn more about the UMSL’s ACC Program can visit www.umsl.edu/acp
- or call 314-516-7005.
- Sunday, December 1, 2019: Deadline to Drop or Withdraw from Spring Semester courses.
NEW! ACC Lifeguarding, CPR and First Aid Course – EARN 3 ADVANCED COLLEGE DUAL-CREDITS!
Chaminade’s Physical Education Department is proud to announce a new partnership with Missouri Baptist University’s EXCEL Program.
This Advanced College Dual-Credit program is equivalent to both SLU 1818 ACC and UMSL ACC Programs.
- Beginning this school year, Chaminade sophomores enrolled in PED 270 ACC Lifeguarding, CPR and First Aid are provided the opportunity to register for 3 advanced college credits.
- The MBU course # and course title are PHED 133 First Aid. Chaminade sophomores will be awarded 3 advanced college credits.
- The fee for each credit hour is $67.00.
- Mr. Robert Radomski is the Chaminade PE instructor and an authorized MBU University Adjunct Instructor who will provide both instruction and assessment.
- Student registration will be held on Chaminade’s campus
- in both the 2019 Fall and 2020 Spring semesters.
- An EXCEL university liaison will visit all ACC Lifeguarding, CPR and Life-Saving classes to provide registration information.
- 1.Must have a cumulative overall minimum grade point average of 3.0 = 85% (on a 4.0 scale)
- 2.Provide a signed letter of recommendation from their principal and guidance counselor
- 3.Provide written permission from a parent or legal guardian.
Interested in learning more about the PACE-Pathway to Access College Early Program? Over 100 Advanced College Dual-Credit courses are offered to HS Chaminade students.