Advanced College Credit Program
Chaminade offers more college credit courses than most schools in the St. Louis area. Currently, over 200 hours of college credit are available to sophomores, juniors and seniors. Earning college credit at Chaminade is a reality for many of our students and with proper planning and a willing desire, it is possible for a Chaminade student to enter college as a sophomore. There are two types of college credit courses available at Chaminade.
Advanced Placement (AP) Courses: These courses are the equivalent of regular college courses. Students in these courses take the Advanced Placement exam in May of each year. Most universities award three credits for a score of 3 on an AP exam. Many universities grant six credits or more for a score of 4 or 5 on the AP exam. In the past five years, over 75% of our students received a 3 or higher on their exams.
Advanced College Credit (ACC) Courses: These classes are taught in affiliation with universities in the St. Louis area. Chaminade faculty serve as adjunct professors who are highly trained and accountable to maintain university standards. A student who earns an A, B or C in an ACC class is awarded the grade through the university. This credit is transferable to various universities. Chaminade students registering for ACC courses are afforded full access to university libraries at the time of their studies. Students may register for both fall and spring semester courses. Students are required to have an 80% cumulative average (3.0 GPA) to register for ACC courses.
About 75% of Chaminade graduates have been awarded college credit. Enrolling in AP and/or ACC courses has allowed many of our recent graduates to enter college with a semester or a year of credit already completed. This often allows a student to earn his Bachelor's Degree in less than four years.
Online student registration for Advanced College Credit occurs in September and January of each academic year. There are many courses a student can take for credit. Students are encouraged to map their course selections with their House Counselor. Chaminade students are advised to check with their College Counselor regarding the transferability of credit.
2nd Semester SLU 1818 Advanced College Credit Online Student Registration January 8 through February 16, 2018
- Please address ACC questions to your classroom teacher
- Registration is open to 10th, 11th, and 12th graders
- Returning student passwords have been reset to the default per 1818 ACC policy.
- Tuition is $65 per credit hour. Tuition bills are addressed to the student and arrive on the 15th of each month until paid.
- Students may earn a total of 18 hours of credit per semester.
- Parents and students can access a complete list of courses below.
- Please access www.1818slu.edu and click on "Students"
- Friday, March 30, 2018: Deadline for dropping registration
- Tuesday, May 1, 2018: Tuition due in full. Partial payments no longer hold student registration
- Wednesday, May 2, 2018: Student dropped for non-payment
- Questions? Please contact the SLU 1818 ACC Office at 314-977-1818.
2nd Semester UMSL Advanced College Credit Online Student Registration January 3 through February 1
- Class instructors will distribute UMSL ACC Student Registration Brochures to interested students. Additional brochures are available in the Counseling Center and Dr. Kralemann's office.
- Tuition is $66 per credit hour. No monies collected. UMSL will mail invoices to parents/guardians.
- Student register on-line at www.umsl.edu/acp. Click on the yellow box that reads "Register for ACP Courses".
- Monday, April 2, 2018: Deadline to drop or withdraw from Spring Semester courses
- Questions? Please visit www.umsl.edu/acp or call 314-516-7005.