Chaminade offers both 5-day and 7-day boarding. Students come from throughout the United States and from around the world. Resident students reside in Canning Hall and Frische Hall with all rooms equipped with air conditioning and wireless internet. Most students live in a room with another student in the same grade while seniors have their own room.
Resident student applications are now being considered for the Spring 2022 semester and 2022-2023 school year. Prospective students are invited to apply as soon as possible.
- Complete an Application for Admission by clicking here. You may also use the Standard Application Online (SAO).
- Submit official copies of the student's academic transcripts for the current grading period, as well as the transcripts from the previous two academic years. The transcripts must be translated into English. A copy of the grading scale should be included with the transcripts. Please use the CCP Transcript Release, if needed.
- International students are required to submit an English language test score from one of the following: Duolingo English Test, TOEFL Junior, iTEP SLATE, or IELTS. Please have the results sent to Chaminade. For a tutorial of how to create a Duolingo account and take the Duolingo English Test, please click here.
- Submit the non-refundable application fee of $50 for U.S. applicants or $150 for International applicants.
- Resident students are requested to submit two teacher recommendations. (Submission of ONE recommendation is required.)
- A face-to-face or online interview with our Director of Resident Admissions is required.
Notification of acceptance is given via email. The resident student will receive an acceptance letter with details about the enrollment process (enrollment contract, health insurance form, resident student physical form, etc.). A tuition deposit is required and should be submitted at time of enrollment in order to hold a student's place in the class. For International students, Chaminade's Admissions Office will mail the I-20 form along with a number of other important documents after the deposit is made and enrollment contract submitted.
Esto Vir International is an orientation program required of all new international students. The program begins in early August and is focused primarily on English assessment and instruction, but it also contains facets of orientation to our school such as English and Math placement testing, laptop orientation, House System introduction, academic and college counseling, health services, and other areas. The program provides time for students to settle into their new environment while still enhancing their skills in English.
For students who do not hold U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status, Chaminade will issue the SEVIS Form I-20 upon receipt of the required deposit and signed Enrollment Contract. The SEVIS Form I-20 must be presented to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in the student's country of residence. Upon completion of the family interview and review of materials, the U.S. Embassy or Consulate will then issue the student visa with F-1 status for entry in the United States and attendance to Chaminade.
CLICK HERE for some VISA Interview Tips.