Your Esto Vir Journey begins here...
- Character Formation
- Global Reach
- House System
- Parent Clubs
- Facilities & Services
Supporting Character Formation
- Students are required to complete community service hours every year. Our students contribute over 25,000 hours during the school year.
- Students attend retreats annually, Mass twice a month. Each day begins and ends each day with The Marianist Doxology prayer.
- Students take required theology classes every year with courses meeting both St. Louis Archdiocesan guidelines and United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) guidelines.
Global Reach Program
- Each year, students experience curriculum in action through specialized, grade specific class trips.
- Exchange programs with schools in England and Australia help students experience foreign cultures.
- Academic expeditions to global locations such as France, Spain, Italy and Russia are available.
- Academic tours to Washington, D.C., the Grand Tetons, Chicago, University of Dayton/Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, the Road to Freedom and other areas are held annually.
The House System
- Chaminade is one of a few but growing schools throughout the U.S. to implement a House System.
- It provides a group of significant adults, Mentors, Deans and House Counselors, who help in the formation of each student. It is a true Mentoring Program for all students.
- The House System enhances school spirit and unity, and helps to establish bonds among students of all ages.
- Through the House System, every student takes on a leadership role, leading mentor groups.
- Chaminade's Resident Student Program provides opportunities for students to experience cultures from around the world, exposing them to diversified experiences and ideas.
- Our resident program hosts over 55 domestic and international students and is the only Catholic school resident program in the area.
- Day students reside in 76 different zip codes throughout the area.
- 18% of our students are minority students, with 9% being international (Asian, Hispanic, African-American, European and multiracial).
Mothers' and Fathers' Clubs
- The Mothers' Club and Fathers' Club are active parent organizations dedicated to providing enrichment opportunities for our students, families and the entire school community.
- All Chaminade mothers and fathers are automatically members and are welcome to attend regular meetings. Volunteering is rewarding and a wonderful way to meet other Chaminade parents.
Supporting Student's Ability to Serve, Soar, Sing, And Score!
- Chaminade offers over 60 different teams in 17 different sports.
- 80% of students participate in at least one sport.
- Chaminade is one of the few schools whose student athletes have gone on to play at both the collegiate and professional level including alumni who have played in the NBA Championship, NHL championship, and World Cup.
- Our athletic program has become one of the most renowned in the region, with a rich history of success including numerous district, conference, regional and state titles in football, soccer, cross country, basketball, hockey, wrestling, track & field, golf, lacrosse, baseball, bowling, volleyball and tennis. Chaminade's basketball team became the 2015-16 state champions led by Gatorade Player of the Year, Jayson Tatum.
- Athletic facilities include an all-weather track, football stadium, 2 gymnasiums, Olympic-sized indoor pool, 8 tennis courts, soccer complex, and multiple practice fields including an all-weather turf practice field. In the Spring of 2018, a new turf baseball field and press box will be open.
- Attained superior (“I”) ratings consistently for over 20 years at state and regional competitions.
- Over ten different ensembles offered including concert bands, jazz bands, jazz combos, percussion ensembles and pep bands.
- Over 150 students participate in our music program with beginning level courses available to all students.
- Three full-time instructors and percussion specialist teach band curriculum.
- Chaminade is proud to call the Skip Viragh Center for the Arts home to our Drama, Music, Communication Arts and Visual Arts departments. The center has state-of-the-art sound and equipment and houses the almost 1,000 seat Siefert Auditorium and 200 seat Black Box Theater.
- Our middle school and high school produce full length plays twice per year, and an all-school musical is produced at least once per academic year.
- Professional choreographers and music directors from the community assist and instruct students on productions.
- Students attend the MO State Thespian Conference and the International Fringe Theater Festival in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Facilities & Services
- Our extensive 55-acre campus is locate just one mile north of Highway 40 (I-64) on Lindbergh Blvd in Creve Coeur.
- Our award-winning food service provides three meals daily for all students in our student dining room, Café Moe.
- Ancillary services include the Immaculate Conception Chapel, a Snack Bar, Nurse’s office (full-time registered nurse on campus), Spirit Store, Campus Ministry Center, and multiple student organization offices.
- In partnership with Mercy Health, an on-site virtual medical care service.
- More than 8,300 students have graduated from Chaminade.
- 4,500 alumni call St. Louis home. In addition, Chaminade alums reside in all 50 states (including District of Columbia and Puerto Rico) and in over 40 countries.
- Our graduates enter numerous fields ranging from medicine and law to education and business.
- Our graduates support our Chaminade Fund each year. These gifts help to improve the campus, and provide Financial Aid funding.
- Chaminade Alumni Business Network (CABN) provides continuous opportunities for alumni professional networking.
- Our alum help our students through service projects, leadership training, internships, coaching and other ways.
Chaminade Preparatory School educates young men, grades 6-12, in the Catholic Marianist tradition. Chaminade's intention is to ensure that every young man that passes through our doors is able to achieve the balance between school life and play. Our school motto is ESTO VIR, "Be a Man" and it is a true journey from boyhood to manhood that includes spiritual, educational and social development.