Tuition, Financial Aid & Scholarships
Supporting your Son's Esto Vir Journey
We understand that enrolling your son in a private school is a family commitment – for both the student and the parents. A critical part of our mission is to enroll the most qualified young men regardless of their financial circumstances.
- 55% of the student body receives financial assistance and/or scholarships.
- Over $3.6 million was awarded last year in financial aid and scholarships.
- Grants range from $1,000 - $14,000. The average grant is $8,500.
- Tuition and Fees
- Academic Scholarships
- Financial Assistance Application Deadlines
- Frequently Asked Questions
Day Student Tuition & Fees for the 2022-2023 School Year
- Tuition: $23,240
- Laptop Computer Lease: $850
- Special Course & Experiential Trip Fees (Est): $650 - $1,300
An enrollment deposit of $1,500 is due four weeks after acceptance to hold a student's place in the class. This amount is reduced from total tuition.
Payment options include:
- 1 payment
- 3-payment schedule: due August 1, November 1 and February 1
- 9-payment schedule: payments will be monthly July through March.
Families choosing one of our payment options will be assessed a $50 fee through FACTS. Families paying in full are not assessed the fee and may remit payment directly to Chaminade.
Chaminade offers academic scholarships for incoming students based on two criteria:
- Academic achievement
2. Standardized test scores.
There is no additional application for these scholarships; academic transcripts will provide sufficient information.
High School and Middle School Applicants' academic scholarships are based on a nationally standardized test (SSAT, Iowa Basics, ERB, or Stanford Achievement) and achieving an A- or higher in their core academic classes. Academic scholarships range from $500 - $8,000, based on a composite score between the 91st and 99th percentile.
Students who take the Missouri MAP test and achieve an "Advanced" score in both Communication/Language Arts and Math, as well as have an A- average in their core academic classes are eligible for a $6,000 scholarship. Students who achieve a "Proficient" score on one test and "Advanced" in another receive a $2,000 scholarship.
NOTE: Freshman applicants must list Chaminade as their first choice school on the Archdiocesan Application form so we receive your transcripts.
These scholarships are renewable each year a student attends Chaminade so long as they maintain at least a 3.0 GPA.
- How do I apply for financial assistance?
- When do I apply for financial assistance?
- Are early estimates available?
- What does financial assistance cover?
- What information do I need to include with my application?
- Is there a fee to apply?
- May I use my 529 Savings Plan?
- Is financial assistance renewable each year?
- How do I apply for academic scholarships?
- Is work study available?
- What if my son's parents are in separate households?
- May I add some information to the application that better explains our financial situation?
- How do I prevent delays in the application review process? Some helpful tips ...
- Whom should I contact with additional questions?
Chaminade’s financial assistance application is here. Chaminade uses FACTS Financial Management to collect and validate taxes. You must use the above link to fill out the application that is unique to Chaminade.
Applying for financial assistance is a separate process from applying for admittance. Admittance is based on merit alone. A family’s ability to pay will not affect an acceptance decision.
The application is extensive; the information is integral to capturing an accurate financial situation. It asks for both parents’ W-2s, tax returns, employment history, business taxes, if applicable, and information about household expenses like vacations and club sports. Every family’s unique application is reviewed by the Financial Aid Committee with the goal of being good stewards of our resources, and all information will remain confidential.
The system opens on October 1, 2022. If you are applying for a freshman, you may apply for an early estimate (due to the application timeline) and get much of the application out of the way. Your 2022 W-2s may be added to the application when they are issued in January. It is very important to have the application complete by the deadline to be considered in the first round of financial assistance reviews. Applications will be accepted after the deadline, but funds may be limited.
Early estimates for financial assistance are available for 9th grade applicants (due to the application timeline). An early estimate is simply completing your application early and following up with your W-2 and taxes when you receive them. You must complete the financial assistance application between October 1 and November 1 to receive an early estimate.
The FACTS application will ask for your 2021 W-2s and your 2021 1040 tax form, including any schedules that apply to you. If you own a business, FACTS will ask for additional documents and schedules.
FACTS will send you multiple reminders about required forms needed. The first round of review may be completed with your 2021 documents and your 2022 W-2. 2022 taxes may be uploaded at a later date.
- Send ONLY the documents FACTS includes on your checklist. If more documents are needed, a follow up email will be sent.
- A scanned document is preferable to a picture taken with your phone.
- Select “View All” if you do not see the category in which the document you are uploading belongs.
- Select “Other” if you are unsure of the category in which your document belongs.
- Save documents with an identifying label. For example, “2021 W-2 Parent 1.”
- Do not duplicate file names even if it is a corrected file.
- Click HELP to see an example of each document.
- Send Federal taxes only - no state taxes.
- FACTS accepts documents in a PDF format, less than 20 MB (no password protected documents).
- Do not send taxes marked ‘do not file’ or similar.
- Be sure to upload both sides of a 2-sided document—especially the 1040 form.
- Use this link for instructions to use your phone as a scanner: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210336
- Actual copies of W-2/equivalents issued by your employer must be submitted. It must show recipient name, company, tax year and all boxes. If you are sending a picture from your phone, send only one complete section (local, state, or federal). Multiple copies of the same information are listed on the same page; it is not necessary to send the whole page.
Financial AID APPLICATION